Thursday, July 14, 2011

Leaving Home

The day we left (25 July 2011) was complete chaos. We didn’t get to see/call all of the people we meant to, and we certainly did not do everything we should have. We really could have used at least two weeks, may be a month, but only had couple of days to pack instead.

My last official day in the office was 21 July 2011, the same day that Dennis returned from chaperoning the 8th grade class trip to Washington, DC. He came in with me to have lunch to meet my co-workers. Saying goodbye is always bitter-sweet. My co-workers gave us some really generous gifts. Dennis would agree that the highlight were the Packer onesies, socks and footballs from my manager, Val. The NFL Lockout may still be in place, but our twins are already to cheer for the Green and Gold. It totally made Dennis’ day. I didn’t turn in my computer until 23 July 2011. Then there was last minute shopping for the twins, etc. There was just too much to do.

Fortunately for Dennis and me, my family totally came through for us. We can’t say thank you enough. They helped us pack, drove us to the airport and were left with the mess we made at our condo. They’re still doing things for us, especially Mom and Dad who are staying at our condo and looking after our 10‑year‑old Dodge Stratus. We didn’t make it to a quarter of a million miles, but we came close at 249,789—Hunter is a beast! (Yes, we named our car Hunter).

No comments:

Post a Comment